Friday, April 17, 2009

REBECCA

Today I've done my reader exam. the book I've Choosen is Rebecca by the British author Daphne du Maurier.

The main character is a young woman that works as the companion of a rich American woman. during their trip to the French Rivera she becomes involved with a wealthy and rich English man, Maxim de Winter. When she is going to left the place she agrees to marry him, and after the marriage, she goes with him to his mansion, Manderley.

Maxim's first wife died more or less one year ago, so, she arrives at Manderley as the new Ms de Winter. After a few days she realizes how difficult will be to compete with the memory of her husband's first wife, Rebecca. Rebecca died in a sailing accident in the coast next to the mansion, but her memory is really strong and everyone compares the new bride with her, specially the housekeeper, Mrs. Danvers, who had a specially devote to Rebecca.

During the novel, the new Ms de Winter has to fight against Rebecca's phantom amd the hate of the housekeeper. Our young woman discovers a lot of things about Rebecca and finally all is at the revers that it seemed.
I saw the film some years ago and tonight I will try to watch it again if my mom has it. I really recomend you to read the novel or watch the film; both are fantastic.

This is a really good novel of mistery that Alfred Hitchcock adapted to cinema.
I saw the film some years ago and tonight I will try to watch it again if my mom has it. I really recomend you to read the novel or watch the film; both are fantastic.




No comments: